MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2016 – Tintri, Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and enterprise cloud, today announced that in the company’s fiscal year Q3 that ended October 31, 2016, Tintri experienced strong demand for its enterprise cloud and all-flash storage solutions.
During this period, Tintri closed more deals over $1 million than in any other quarter in company history, with a customer base that now includes more than 20 percent of the Fortune 100 companies. Demand for the Tintri T5000 VMstore all-flash series increased rapidly during the first year since it was introduced to the market in August 2015.
“The third quarter was a great success for Tintri,” said Ken Klein, chairman and CEO of Tintri. “The company saw strong sales to enterprises and service providers seeking to simplify the deployment and management of enterprise cloud. By deploying Tintri’s all-flash storage platform with its web services architecture, customers are achieving Amazon-like agility with automation and scale in their data center.”
Enterprise cloud for organizations and service providers has become a major source of growth for Tintri as IT budgets shift from traditional IT infrastructure to the cloud. More than one third of Tintri customers have built cloud infrastructures with Tintri storage. In Q3, Tintri introduced a number of solutions geared to help customers build enterprise cloud, including:
- New release of the Tintri Operating System with web services architecture and RESTful APIs that expands automation capabilities with a VMware vRealize® Orchestrator ™ plugin.
- Preview of AWS S3 connector and container support
- Deeper integration with the Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization ecosystem and certifications for the latest Microsoft applications
- Disaster recovery for between data centers and to clouds with one-to-many and synchronous replication
Tintri’s leadership in the cloud computing arena was recognized by numerous analysts and publications in the third quarter, including:
- Gartner naming Tintri a Visionary in both the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays and Magic Quadrant for Solid- State Arrays
- Validation by third party benchmarking — The Evaluator Group — as the most efficient storage tested
- Inclusion in CRN’s 2016 Cloud Partner Program Guide
During the quarter, former Cisco Systems CTO, Charles Giancarlo, joined the Tintri board of directors, and Tintri added new regional offices in Washington, DC and Chicago.
- Tintri was recognized as a Visionary in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays 2016 and 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays
- Download the VM-aware storage for Dummies guide
- Read about Cloud Automation with Tintri.
Tintri offers an enterprise cloud infrastructure built on a public-cloud like web services architecture and RESTful APIs. Organizations use Tintri all-flash storage with scale-out and automation as a foundation for their own clouds—to build agile development environments for cloud native applications and to run mission critical enterprise applications. Only Tintri enables users to guarantee the performance of their applications, automate common IT tasks to reduce operating expenses, troubleshoot across their infrastructure, and predict an organization’s needs to scale—the underpinnings of a modern data center. That’s why leading cloud service providers and enterprises, including Comcast, Chevron, NASA, Toyota, United Healthcare and 20% of the Fortune 100, trust Tintri with enterprise cloud.
For more information, visit www.tintri.com and follow us on Twitter: @Tintri.
Bill Robbins/ Emily Gallagher
US: + 1 (512) 373-8500
UK: +44 (0) 1252 717 040