If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting TINTRI” section.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information you provide voluntarily
When you use our Solutions, you voluntarily provide us with information about you. We use this information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Account Registration. We collect information that is necessary for you to register an account with us, log in to your account, and use features of our Solutions, such as your name, contact details, company, geographic area, preferences, job title, and password. This information also allows us to manage your account.
- Order and purchase. We collect information that is necessary to fulfill your order features of our Solutions or the purchases you make through our Solutions, such as your name, contact details, job title, company, credit card or other billing information.
- Customer communications and support: We collect information that is necessary to respond to enquiries, support requests or any other communications you submit through our Solutions, such as your name, contact details and the content of your communications. We also use that information to communicate with you via technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Promotions: We collect information that is necessary to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that we may offer from time to time, such as your name, contact details, job title and company.
- Operate and enhance our Solutions. We collect information that is necessary to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of our Solutions, such as your feedback or any other information related to your utilization of our Solutions that you provide us with. We also use that information to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Direct marketing: We collect information to send you direct marketing, in accordance with your marketing preferences. We use your name, contact details and account information to email you with marketing offers and resources, events, newsletters, whitepapers and other company updates about TINTRI and other third parties.
- Other purposes. We may use the personal information you voluntarily disclose to us for any other purposes disclosed to you and with your consent.
Information we collect automatically
When you use our Solutions, we may collect certain information automatically from your device, including information like your IP address, operating system, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (by use of GPS or other geolocation features of your device) and other technical information. We also collect information about how you use our Solutions for purposes of facilitating your use of our Solutions, including securing, managing, measuring, improving, and/or supporting our Solutions as well as to enable us to develop and market additional products and services. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Solutions including our Sites, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology. We use these cookies or similar technologies to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, enhance and develop new products, services, features, and functionality, administer our Solutions, track user’s movements around our Solutions, store preference information in our Solutions, serve targeted advertisements, and gather demographic information about our user community as a whole. Please read our “Cookies and Web Technologies” section below for more information.
Information from Other Sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent (where required by law) or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. For instance, we may obtain information such as your contact details, job title, company and interest from third-parties, such as our partners and advertisers, and from other sources outside of our Solutions, including from certain offline sources such as trade shows or publicly available sources, to market our Solutions or services and products offered by third parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on your location and applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to request access to, or correction, deletion or removal of, information about you, by contacting us at privacy@Tintri.com or by using the contact details provided under the “Contacting TINTRI” heading. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting access, deleting or making changes to information you have provided us, including by requesting your name and email address. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if required or permitted by applicable law.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We do not discriminate against any individual based on the exercise of their data protection rights.
Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Sites or any of our Solutions will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
We work with third-party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, sales enablement and other services for us. These third-parties may have access to or process information about you as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to only use the information shared to provide us with the services they have been hired to provide.
We may share your information with our partners in connection with, selling or distributing our Solutions, or engaging in joint marketing activities, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
We may disclose your information if required to do so by any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third-party where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law or regulation, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of our Solutions and any facilities or equipment used to make our Solutions available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-personal information available to third-parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through our Solutions.
Cookies and Web Technologies
You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You may also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of the Sites may not function properly. For more information about cookies and how to manage them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
You may opt-out of our collection of analytics information through Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ads Preference Manager or at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on can be accessed here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. For further details on the use of Google Analytics, please see above chapters “Information Collected Automatically” and “Google Analytics.”
Linked Third-Party Services
Our Solutions may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third-parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through our Solutions. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through our Solutions. We encourage you to learn about third-parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
International Transfer of Information and International Visitors
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as necessary to comply with our business requirements and necessary laws; to comply with any legal, accounting or reporting obligations; to resolve disputes; to protect our assets; to efficiently run our business; and to enforce our agreements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we collect or process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you are a visitor/customer located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), DataDirect Networks Inc. is the data controller of your personal information. Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
You have the following rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, see “Your Rights and Choices” above.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. To exercise these rights contact us or by email: privacy@Tintri.com.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- To exercise these rights contact us by using the contact details provided under the “Contacting TINTRI” heading or email privacy@Tintri.com.
- California Consumer Rights Under The CCPA
The following disclosures apply only to California residents covered under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Personal information collected for a business purpose and for a commercial purpose
The purposes for which we collect your personal information are described under the heading “Information We Collect and How We Use It” above. This section describes the business purposes and commercial purposes for which we collect personal information.
Personal information disclosed for a business purpose
This Privacy Notice describes the categories of personal information that we have, disclosed for a business purpose over the preceding twelve (12) months. Please refer to the sections headed “Information We Collect and How We Use It” and “Sharing Information” for more information.
Personal information sold
We do not and will not sell your personal information to any other business or third party. TINTRI will always seek your affirmative direction/consent to intentionally disclose personal information to third parties in ways that might otherwise be construed to be a “sale” under the CCPA.
Right to know and right to delete
You have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell. To exercise this right, please follow the instructions described to access your information in the “Your Rights and Choices” section above.
Our Sites are general audience websites not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If you believe we have collected information belonging to an individual under the age of 16, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com, or by using the contact details provided under the “Contacting TINTRI” heading.
Changes and Updates
DDN Legal Department
9351 Deering Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
If you are a California resident, you can also reach us at +1.818.700.4000.
Last update: October 1, 2020