Switch from HCI to Tintri VMstore and Cisco UCS Results in a Different Experience
Baxalta is a leading global biopharmaceutical company based in Bannockburn, Illinois. Baxalta was formed through a spin-off from healthcare
giant Baxter International in July 2015. Baxalta was acquired by Shire Plc in January of 2016, which was then acquired by Takeda in January of 2019. Takeda is a leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions in more than 100 countries.
- Need to quickly vacate data centers and migrate to new storage solutions
- Need to integrate disparate databases and storage silos post acquisition
- Previous mix of storage solutions, required lengthy deployment times with astronomical costs.
- Tintri VMstore and Cisco UCS servers
- Tintri Global Center
- Cisco UCS Director with Tintri VMstore plug-in
- Ability to centrally manage compute, network, and storage
- See performance level of every application across the entire infrastructure
- Since Tintri and Cisco UCS can be scaled independently, the data center can grow incrementally as needed.
- Takeda was able to terminate managed services contracts and significantly reduce management costs.