Can I manage Tintri VMstore and TGC using PowerShell?
The Tintri Automation Toolkit version 1.5 is now released. The Automation Toolkit allows you to manage Tintri VMstore and TGC using PowerShell. It can be obtained from VMstore Support download page under the “Download” tab, and you will need a valid Tintri login.
The Automation Toolkit Quick Start Overview Guide can be downloaded from VMstore Support download page under the “User Guides” tab. Scroll down to “3/2/2015 entry: “Tintri Automation Toolkit Quick Start Overview Guide”. The guide lists all the Tintri PowerShell cmdlets available, discusses how to get help and authentication, and has code samples. See the picture below:
The 1.5 version highlights are:
- Hyper-V VM management
- Delete Snapshot
- SMB Share management
- Support v310 Tintri API servers (as well as v300)
- View datastore level statistics from TGC 1.1
- On-line help improvements
Just like VMware VMs can be piped to Tintri cmdlets, so can Hyper-V VMs be piped to Tintri cmdlets. This is what it means to be virtually aware storage.
Tintri Automation Toolkit examples are now being posted on GitHub. Check-out the following examples that demonstrate some of the new features:
- GetHyperVmSnapshots.ps1: shows how to integrate with Hyper-V VMs
- SMBShareManagement.ps1: shows how to manage access control lists on SMB shares
- SnapshotDeletion.ps1: shows how to create and delete a snapshot.